Adventure season

text added using the app Over
The best part about the run up to summer and the warm weather is the fact that it draws you away from your Netflix and out into the sunshine. I'm quite an outdoorsy person (when the weathers alright!) and these last two weeks have been the perfect time to start my base tan and get out on some mini adventures. 

At the moment I'm obsessed with walking. I've always been a good walker, choosing to pound the streets of London instead of taking the tube, you miss the beautiful architecture; or walking the 40 minutes to university instead of taking the bus, it meant more money to be wasted in Starbucks! However, these last two weeks I have been on a mission. Over the last six days I've done four 9 mile walks, as well as numerous 40 minute walks to different parks in my area, and yes I've been coming home with an aching back, from the over spilling bag I carry, and swollen feet, but my body feels great and I'm sleeping well which hardly ever happens. 

It's also simply amazing to find out just how much open space there is out there if you just choose to look for it. But first things first, you need an adventure pack:

every explorer needs a kit


 My adventure pack must have items are my polaroid camera, a notebook, various pens/pencils and snacks. In fact I rarely go anywhere without these items as you never know where you might find inspiration or the most beautiful of places which need documenting. As for the snacks, I'm definitely a grazer and seem to find myself quickly getting grouchy if I don't eat every 2 hours.... Im working on this.


These are just my basic adventuring items but you get the idea... And the results of these rambles have been mesmerising.

the path which many of my recent journeys have started on



snacking and drawing time
a polaroid taken at Risley Moss, looking like a path through the jungle
Very interesting piece of architecture used for the viewing post a Risley Moss...

... which led to this incredible view!

So thank you to the English countryside for being my host for the last two weeks. Sadly the clouds are coming in and the rains on its way but I can't wait until we meet again. 




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

2 comments:

  1. Very energetic article, I loved that bit. Will there be a part 2?



    my webpage: home makeover ideas ()

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully there will be many more adventures when the weather perks up here in the UK :)

      Delete