Crafty Christmas


I must admit, I am not the biggest fan of Christmas.

 I know what an awful thing to say but, although not being religious, I feel that in this day and age people have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas and work themselves up (and get themselves in debt) trying to find the perfect christmas gift. Trying to please people who should be happy just to spend some quality time with each other over this festive time of year. 

Ok rant over! 

A few years ago, while I was at university, I realised that I had drunk too much alcohol and ate out too much so was a little strapped for cash. I decided to make cupcakes and decorate them for my family for christmas. Surprisingly, they went down a treat and everyone loved how they were much more personalised than the usual smellies and bottles of vino. Since the, I have tried to make something each christmas whether it's cards or just simple tags. However this year I have definately out done myself and gone crafty crazy...

The first thing I decided to make was christmas cards. Last year I made some very elaborate origami designs which we cute but this year I wanted to make something more minimal. So I took myself off to hobby craft and got my creative hat on. Here's the results! 






After creating these beauties I got all inspired and headed to my favourite app Pinterest to look for a present idea. That's where I found the idea for my hot totty in a jar present.


These make adorable presents for the adults in your life which are a bit more personal than the standard bottle of wine or spirit. You'll be needing the following:

- glass jars/bottles
- marshmallows
- hot chocolate powder
- chocolate pieces or sprinkles
- miniature bottles of liqueur 
- ribbon, bows, washi tape and anything else you want to use to decorate 


After collecting all your bits and bobs it's a simple case of layering your ingredients in an artistic fashion...




 You could also add candy canes, chocolate chips and other yummy bits! Last thing is to make the jars all pretty and sparkly. I also used little small double sided sticky foam squares to stick the bottles of alcohol onto the jar, however you could just tie them on with some festive ribbon. 

Lastly, mainly due to terrible weather, I decided to print my own wrapping paper. It was so easy, I just got a roll of brown packing paper which I had lying about and then one of the shapes from my cards and printed. Simple! The effect is really nice as no two prints are the same and the paint gives the paper a real nice texture.



I then used the same bits and bobs as my other presents to do the final decorations, simple! I hope this gets you thinking of ideas for next christmas, have a very very merry one on me! 
















Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

2 comments: