Cracking Cards

So a couple of years ago I started making my own Christmas cards, wrapping paper and presents for the family. This has kind of turned into a curse. Not that I don't love doing them but the pressure to deliver now every year seems to be a lot. This years craziness has meant that this has taken a back seat but I had to make a couple for my nearest and dearest, it wouldn't be Christmas without.

I had to go simple, I had two hours to make them as we had Christmas early this year, so I got out my craft box and saw what I had leftover from previous years. Anyway simplistic is always better, right?


The bits and bobs needed to make these cards - keeping it simple



So with my limited time and supplies I decided to make some simple cards using initials of the people who the cards are for, giving them that little personal touch. I always place the objects on the card first to get an idea of the composition. Sometimes I also take a photo to look at as then it looks more flat and finished. After I find the perfect composition I can then get sticking.






I found these little sticky foam pieces in the range and they have literally been my life savers in all raft projects ever since. They're super sticky so they stay stuck and they give your work a little dimension. I have used them on top of one another before to add even more dimension to my images.






Et voila! 

Super easy and quick to make cards which actually, I think, look pretty cute. Hope this helps you get a little last minute inspiration for anything you may still need to do for your Christmas prep. Let me know any other great ideas and then hopefully I can get a little more organised for next year! 

Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment