Make Up Haul

So before I went on holiday I went a little crazy with the make up. Luckily through shopping and not on my face! I did need a couple of essentials but apparently that opened the flood gates for a little bit of over spending... Oops. 




a few of the beautiful products I picked up...





MAC Cosmetics



First stop was the MAC store in Brighton. There were a couple of pieces I had wanted for a while but they are only available from a stand alone store so working in Brighton was the perfect opportunity to get these bits:

1. Face and Body Foundation - C5
Ever since a make up artist used this foundation on me, I have been totally obsessed with this product! It's perfect for just a light cover or build-able for a medium coverage but still totally light and weightless on the face. I also use it as a base and then sometimes add a bb cream to give me a completely perfect finish for a night out. The reason I had to get this one from a stand alone store is because that's the only place that stocks the larger size and it's so much better value! (FYI: 50ml/£22.00 vs 120ml/£29.50)

2. Cremesheen Glass Lipgloss - Boy Bait
This beautifully sheer light pink gloss is perfect for adding a little colour and sparkle to a day look or worn with a lipstick, will give it an extra bit of depth. My favourite lipstick to pair it with is a new shade called 'boy' by Chanel.

3. Blot Powder/Pressed - Dark 
With the summer and holiday season in full swing, I needed to find myself a little compact  which I could take everywhere just to get rid of that slight “summer shine” which can sometimes occur when you’re a little hot… This product is great, extremely sheer and lightweight but perfect to just matte the skin when on the go without adjusting your current makeup. 





Clinique

(this brush cleaner from B. is pretty good to, fyi)

Chubby Stick in the Nude - Gargantuan Golden
So I’ve had a rather big obsession with the Clinique chubby lipsticks since they came out, my favourite shade being strawberry. So when I heard they were bringing out a foundation stick I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one! I have used foundation sticks in the past, for example the Bobbi Brown one, however I find them rather shiny and greasy but not this one. Its so easy to use, literally draw on the face and then blend in with a brush, thus creating a light, even matte finish which is slightly build-able to a light/medium finish. I definitely recommend these for people who like a light, natural finish or there perfect for, as I did, using them after a holiday when your skin is looking more bronzed and consistent in tone.



H&M
just look at the packaging! (macaron left, under my spell right)

I love H&M cosmetics for nail varnish and lipsticks as you can get some great on trend colours but you don’t have to spend a fortune, which is great if you just want to try something new and may only wear once or twice. 

Cream Lip Colour - Macaron
So I may have brought this lipstick due to its name... And it doesn't really suit me but luckily, due to their affordability I don't mind that I may never wear this colour. It's not that it isn't beautiful, look at it, it's just the fact that on me it looks a little orange.

Cream Lip Colour - Under my Spell
This one on the other hand I adore on me! It's a lovely warm red which is great for an evening meal or a night out, or even if you want your day look to have a little sexiness. Also, can we just take a moment to admire H&Ms new beautiful cosmetics packaging, so pretty!



So that's my recent make up haul. Sorry for the super long post but I had to share all these beauties with you! If you try any of these products or have any others you think I should try please leave a comment and let me know, I'd love to know your thoughts and products you're crushing on that I might like to try.

Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment