Whats in my handbag? - Travelling

As it's the height of holiday season, I thought it would be good to share with you what I like to take in my carry on handbag when I travel. My post "What's in my handbag - night out" was pretty popular so I'm thinking people would like to see more of the same...

just a few bits and bobs, you know, the essentials...


So the first thing I put in my travel handbag without a doubt is my iPad and headphones. If I don't have anything else these two items would keep me more than entertained for as long as needed, books, music, movies and games - what more could you need.

Another thing I tend to pack when going away is a scarf or even my beach towel in my hand luggage. That's because I find airplanes ridiculously cold, so by packing these I give myself a little blanket to keep me warm and usually help me nap :) I also always pack fluffy socks as I can't stand having cold feet but have to take my shoes off on a flight... Weird I know.


everything has a place, there's a place for everything


Particularly on long haul flights, or any flight with checked luggage, I will put my valuables in my hand luggage. This includes expensive handbags and jewellery. It's one thing to loose your suitcase but it's even more gutting to loose precious gifts or items you've worked hard for to buy. 

Sweets. To be honest I tend to take sweets with me everywhere I am notoriously known for my sugar addiction, but hey! It could be worse. Another staple thing is breakfast bars. I take the nairns gluten free biscuit bars away with me most of the time due to my gluten intolerance so at least I know I'll always have something to eat, but they're great for flights when the food and drink seems to be unnecessarily expensive. 




Maybe more boring items but tissues and baby/face wipes are always a good thing to carry as turbulence always has a way of hitting when you're downing your in flight glass of red...


When on a short haul flight, with no checked luggage, I have my liquids pre-packed so it is simple to get them in and out for security checks. If you find it hard to find and pick miniatures for travel check out my previous blog post all about my faves for a bit of inspiration. 


definitely one of my favourite things that I own

Something I really can't go away without is my Fujifilm instax mini. Whether it's a holiday or a day trip, I always have an instax,this one or my wide format, bouncing about in my handbag. I have a thing for film photography as its just so beautiful and I love how every image is unique.

Oh and we mustn't forget to talk about the bag!! (*swoon*) I find that the perfect hand luggage bag for me is my Antigona tote from Givenchy. It fits all the things I have listed and more, comfortably, and then when I am away it makes the perfect beach/pool bag due to it being easy to just chuck things into and the pouch being a secure place to put money, phone etc. Its also water-resistant and wipes clean easily. 


ok so when I lay everything out it looks like I'm only missing the kitchen sink!



Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment