Bottomless Bucket Bag

I hate sales. Call me a snob, but after working in retail for almost a decade of my life, I can honestly say that (in the most part) they contain the things that nobody else wanted or that stores have had for three seasons and still can’t get rid off. 

Having said that, there are some things worth buying in sales, holidays for example, jewellery and technology. Another great thing to buy in sales is staple pieces for your wardrobe. Expensive, quality pieces which will last a lifetime if looked after correctly. Enter my most fabulous investment yet.





I have always wanted a big bucket/tote style bag and for years, the Louis Vuitton Neverfull was top of my list but sadly it has become one of those items which is ruthlessly copied and faked. Although that said it is a beautiful bag and one day I just might have to get one… Until then I have been eyeing up other beauties in a similar style. Enter the Givenchy Antigona tote/shopper.





This bag has been around for a couple of seasons and I’ve kept my eye on the differing designs coming out. Then I fell in love. Literally. This design features magnolias and butterflies but is still rather dark and goes with everything, which is exactly what you what from a tote. It's also massive, for example, I went away for New Year's Eve, just for the one night but it was able to carry everything I needed = two outfit choices, two shoe choices, hair straighteners and curlers, make up, pyjamas, clutch bag - you get the idea! 

There's also a little pouch inside which I tend to keep my purse and keys in for easy access. So you might be thinking what has this all got to do with sales, well I got this beauty in the sale but totally by fluke. 

It comes with a handy pouch that you can also detach

Scrolling through Instagram I came across a post from Harvey Nichols introducing a new rewards app. It stated that all you had to do was sign up to the app and you could receive up to 50% off sale items before they went on general sale to the public. And it was true. I simply joined the app, and searched their website to find this beauty. I then added it to my shopping cart and was smitten to see, 50% off! I urge you to sign up to this app, and many others from designer retailers who offer similar deals. It is the perfect way to get those perfect staple pieces at a (slightly) more affordable price. 

Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment