The Charm of Ladurée

If you hadn’t already guessed by the name of this blog, I have a bit of a thing for macarons…

It all started when I was very young and we used to go and visit a family friend in Paris. That’s when I first encountered Ladurée. I couldn’t have been older than 10 and I think, like most people, I was first attracted to their unusual, almost cake looking, store designs - like something out of a fairytale world. Then it was the colour, the feminism and the delicacy of their beautiful pastries and of course, macarons. 

Ladurée macarons are unlike any other I have tried, and it’s fair to say I have tried many! Their flavours always taste exactly like the real thing they are representing whether its sweet vanilla, the slight bitterness of earl grey tea or the lightness of a strawberry marshmallow, they are taste perfect.

Anyhow… This well, obsession, hasn’t gone unnoticed, from family to friends, birthdays to leaving gifts, everyone seems to know just how much I love a macaron. That’s why when I received this stunning gift at Christmas I couldn’t have been more delighted. 





Its been on my wish list on Pinterest for quite a while, but I’ve never got round to buying one. Its just so beautiful I’m a bit scared to use it!!




Depicting three beautifully detailed macarons, a lady walking a poodle and the ultimate symbol of Ladurée's founding city  - The Eiffel Tower, it is a great homage to not only my favourite sweet treat but one of the best cities in the world, Paris. 

You can purchase your own charm here


Oh and the bag that I used to demonstrated this stunning charm on is a Longchamp, Le Pliage, large tote.

Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment