Nice note lets

When I was younger I was so creative, I was constantly covered in glitter and glue and feathers and then I just stopped - or shall I say uni happened, but, like I mentioned in my crafty christmas post, I always try to give gifts a bit of a personalised touch. Just to keep the creative juices flowing.

Recently I have been creating my own little collection of note lets. Living far away from friends and family, sometimes it's nice to send something in the post. To me it feels that bit more personal than a text or a phone call and then (if it's pretty enough) they have that keep sake that they can keep and be reminded of you when they look at it, and who wouldn't want that!

I decided on making them as simple as possible, that way there super quick to make and straight to the point. The first one merely came from chance, I had borrowed something from a friend and needed to return it. Instead of just popping it in an envelope and sending it on its way, I thought I would add a little cheer and laughter to the package so I sent her this...



It literally took two seconds to make but had her smiling and thanking me as soon as it arrived. So from this, the cogs in my head started to whirl and I thought of a way to make them a little bit more interesting. Words. Seemed simple enough but it was actually really hard to decide what to write, add the fact that my hand writing is primitive at the best of times. But then I was reminded of my good old friend letraset


Letraset is a simple good old fashion transfer. You take the back paper off, place in position and scribble over what you want to transfer. I love it so much because, not only does it make your writing the same size and even but you also do get little imperfections, like cracks and missing corners, in your letters which, I think, look great. I do however, always use a ruler and pencil, no matter how short the sentence or word, to make sure that the writing is straight and thus making it look so much more professional.

Little tip: start your text from the middle to help be sure that its even

And here are the finished result, very simple but super cute and ready to send off to friends and family when the time arrives.



Aren't they adorable!?







Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

2 comments:

  1. What's up, just wanted to mention, I loved this post. It was practical.

    Keep on posting!

    Here is my homepage: home improvement kitchen

    ReplyDelete