Quick Recipes - Oaty Apple Crumble

One of the hardest things I find about being a coeliac is the lack of good tasting gluten free naughty food. By that I mean cakes, biscuits and puddings - I have the worst sweet tooth! So because of this, if I was going to take on my new challenge seriously I would have to start baking and making my own. I've always loved baking but after being diagnosed with coeliac it took quite a bit of a back burner. That was until recently when a sudden urge for crumble came about.

That's the thing with the changing of the seasons, autumn and winter simply mean comfort food, to me anyway. So this said I thought what better thing to try gluten free than crumble. I found a simple crumble recipe (flour, butter, sugar) and adapted it, not only to gluten free but my own taste, here goes. The ingredients are as follows:

1 cup of oats
1 cup of plain, gluten free flour
3/4 cup of demera sugar
125g soft butter
2 tbs of cinnamon
2 tins of sliced apples 

N.B. I used tinned apples as I personally don't have the patience to peel, dice and cook my own, but that's your call :)






While your getting all your ingredients together pre heat the oven at 180c



Place all the ingredients minus the apples in a large mixing bowl.



Mix together until the crumble mixture is like fine breadcrumbs

Then place the apples, and any juice in the tin, into a oven proof baking dish. I also like to sprinkle a bit of sugar and cinnamon on top before the crumble mix, but that's your shout!


Place in the oven at 180c for around 40 minutes or until the top of the crumble is brown and slightly crispy

Personally, I like my crumble with cold custard as then it makes it easier to devour. But it also is yummy with warm custard, cream or, another favourite, luxury vanilla ice cream.


Enjoy!



Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment