Happy Mothers Day!

Happy craft month!

In honour of March being craft month I've decided to do a couple of crafty posts across the month to get your creative juices flowing, and what better way to kick off the posts than one dedicated to yummy mummy's!!

My mum has been an incredible influence in my life and someone I truly cherish due to her wild, kind, and empowering spirit. So what better way to show you love your mum than creating something especially for her - also I hate buying cards when you can make something, relatively easily and cheaply which always has way more thought than a cheesy pun.

So this year I decided to draw my mum a card of something which reflects her, a bird in flight. I think I have mentioned before how I like to have a few crafty bits stocked up and so I grabbed a blank card and got doodling.



I always do a light outline in pencil and then, recently, I have been getting into ink drawing using the beauties which are unipin fine line pens. they come in every millimetre possible and are water and fade proof meaning they're great for things like cards which tend to end up on a window sill or mantle piece.

light pencil outline complete I move on to the inking

work in (slow) progress...


My handwriting is not the neatest, I shall be the first to admit and no matter how hard I concentrate it always seems to start to slant slightly downwards by the end of the sentence so I thought what better way to not only make the card legible but also more professional looking than using transfer letters. I measured out where I wanted the letters and made light lines to place them on, then you just have to scrape the the letters off. Just be sure to make sure your spacing is even otherwise your words can look a little odd....


I always start words from the end to ensure spacing is right... Just me?



Don't forget to rub out the guidelines carefully

If drawings not your thing, perhaps you could collage some photos of you and your mama or tickets and such which remind you of fun times together. The more simple the design, I find, the more professional the outcome so don't feel like you have to go overboard. This card for example, used a pen, pencil, rubber, card and some transfer letters and cost nothing as I had everything I needed already. Result.




any excuse for a bottle of bubbles!


Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment