Getting Dolled Up - Evening Make Up

Although I can happily appreciate make up and seem to have a ridiculous collection of lipsticks, I'm not actually a big make up wearer. That's to say that I can quite happily go without wearing it, and if I'm honest I'm not totally sure what I'm doing half the time...

When I'm off on a night out I definitely try to up my make up game and I thought I would share with you some of my faves for a bit of evening glam.



go-to night out make up bits


I've definitely mentioned this product at least once before on the blog but it's such a great moisturiser and makes a lovely base for make up (I don't know what primers really do so I don't use them)





MAC face and body is my day to day foundation no doubt about that( written about here),  but in the evenings I tend to use this palette over the top just to give me a better coverage and thus a more even completion. I love this product as it has a mousse like texture, but is still light, and long lasting. The baked bronzer in the image I have also spoken about before, its from Makeup Revolution and you can read more about it here.




This product is heaven on earth. Somehow it makes your lashes look twice the length and thickness with just one coat and will last all day. I must warn though, it's super hard to get off so I wouldn't even go near the waterproof one!

I find the waxyness (I made up a word) of this eyeliner perfect for me as its long lasting and literally like drawing on your face - couldn't be simpler! The one in the picture is pretty old but the link should send you to the latest version of the product :)

Red lipsticks are always a tricky one. You don't want to go and get one that's super bright and tacky, then you don't want so dark it's nearly brown - the struggle! I found this one when I was in a rush at a supermarket and actually needed on for a Halloween costume... I fell in love. It's been my go-to night out lipstick ever since. Enough said.



the pigment in this palette, for its price, amazing!


Eye shadow is a tricky one, and by that I mean that's, for me, it's simply difficult. But this palette has every glossy colour you could ask for. For a "cheap" make up brand the pigment in the clouds are incredible and after a few you tube tutorials I've been able to recreate many a smokey , shaded and golden eye look, to name a few, using it. 




So That's my main bits on a night out. I know it doesn't seem like much, and admittedly it isn't but once I get faffing I end up looking like a drag queen so I try to stick to simple!

Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment