Spicy BBQ Chickpeas

I eat a lot of salad, and being a veggie, I find it hard to find interesting and tasty meat substitutes to mix up the veg a bit. One thing I do truly love is chickpeas. They are so adaptable and an amazing source of protein. This recipe came about from inspirations from my Pinterest account and I must say it doesn't disappoint, it's kind of become a weekly dish now!


super easy peasy recipe!





































Ingredients

One tin of chickpeas, drained
Paprika
Chilli flakes
Mild curry powder
BBQ sauce
An assortment of salad bits


Put the chickpeas in a bowl and mix with BBQ sauce until they are totally covered, then add your seasoning - amounts depending on how spicy you'd like them or don't add any if you can't handle the heat!!





Put the mixture into a large frying pan and cook until the sauce starts to bubble. Bring the heat right down and then simmer for a further 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid gets a tacky, sticky consistency to it.




this plate went great with a rather large serving of nachos








And that's it! Super easy to cook and then add to a salad. I also like to make some cheesy nachos to have with mine as they just work really well together. Give the recipe a go and let me know if there's anything you've had with them or mixed in that really worked. 

Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment