Room for a Donkey?

First off, I must apologise for my lack of blogging. I'm quite new to this and its taking some getting used to, sharing my life over the internet! I have also been ridiculously busy with work and other commitments but I promise to try harder :)

It seems that even my days off recently have been far from days off and in fact more stressful and long than my work days, but finally this weekend I took the time to spend time doing nothing. I packed up my backpack, grabbed my trusty picnic blanket and some other bits and bobs (mainly food) and headed off to the New Forest.

Surprisingly and shockingly, this was my first trip to the New Forest this "summer" which is quite shameful as its only a 30 minute drive away and such a beautiful, peaceful place. During the school holidays, like most outdoor spots on a good day, it can be pretty rammed but take the time to find a quite hidden car park and walk a couple of meters and you can be in your own little oasis. Just like the one I found for myself.


My camp for the day

This little spot was perfect, lots of sun but a tree to hide under if the sun got too much, which at times it did! I spent the entire day here and in that time the only thing which went past was some beautiful New Forest ponies, not a person in site. Pure bliss!


Beautiful New Forest pony

Not a building, car or person in sight, perfection!!
As the day drew on I realised just how perfect and peaceful it is to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. I don't think I will ever be a true city girl, it makes me feel claustrophobic!

Eventually the sun started to die down, and I sadly had to pack up camp and start to make my way home. I certainly felt gutted that I hadn't spent enough time in the Forest this summer and was very unwilling to leave. It also seemed that a very adorable small donkey felt like I should stay there forever...



This adorable little fella seemed to want to come home with me!! I couldn't for the life of me move him, and didn't want to push him too much incase he flipped out and kicked the car (you see it all the time in cartoons!) I started to panic... Every time I would get into the car, so would he!


Eventually I was able to persuade him to move with a trail of raisins (very proud of myself) but in a way I wish he had stayed like that forever. I think we all need  our own New Forest, a place to escape and relax, away from the dramas of life. I know I couldn't cope without mine!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment