DIY - Camera Bag

If you follow my Instagram you would have seen that I recently brought myself a brand new camera - the Olympus OMD EM Mark 10 ii, and its incredible!! Any how more on that in another post… 

Because it set me back a fair amount (totally worth it!) and I will be carrying it around a fair bit, I decided that i wanted a simple case to keep it safe. I couldn’t find anything, simple and small on the internet or in stores so I decided to make one :)

And it turned out ok!




To make a case like this you will need:


1/2 a meter of faux fur or shearling fabric
1/2 a meter of a patterned fabric
2 meters of elastic
Threads to match your material








So first things first, I have to admit that I didn’t have a pattern or anything for this bag so I don’t really have measurements for you guys… but thats a good thing as you can easily adapt it to your own camera.


1. Lay your camera on top of your fluffy material at the edge. Fold the material over so that it covers your camera and then mark this point on the fabric.






2. Measure that length and mark at both ends. then cut.

3. Then lay that piece of fabric onto of your outer shell material. Measure at least two inches more at the end of each short edge as this will be where you put your drawstring, cut out.



4. Pin the fluff as shown in the image, this will give you a neat finish on where the fluff and other material meet. Sew along the edge then pin the same way on the other side and it should make the materials into a donut shape. Sew the second edge.




5. Pin the materials fabric to fabric with the fluff on the outside. Sew along the two edges, only up to the top of the fluff.

6. Then pin the extra edges for your drawstring and sew. Make sure you don’t go through to the other side or you won’t be able to open your bag!





7. Turn the right way round and feed through your drawstring, and hey presto you’ve got yourself a super cute camera bag :)


Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment