Casual Exploration

So today I have a day off which usually means, if its a weekday, a day of catching up on laundry, bills, and tidying - or what I like to call a day of "personal admin". I've recently moved back home and because of this I'm trying to explore my local area again and also remember where things are! So today I thought I would put on a load of comfy clothes and get out and explore.




The weather has all of a sudden taken a turn to the chilly side so there's not much better in my wardrobe for this than my new aviator jacket from Missguided. Now Ive wanted one of these for years and have seen loads of beautiful ones which were sadly completely out of my price range (Burberry and Acne for example produce beaut aviator style jackets) but then I came across one I liked in Zara. Having no money at the time I had to slowly walk away from the jacket but returned the next week, after payday, to try and purchase and in typical fashion it was gone. I couldn't find it online or in any other store nearby, and my local store hadn't gotten any back in (yes I went in there everyday for a week just to check!) So I thought all was lost. Then Instagram came to my rescue and this beauty popped up on my feed. I had never brought anything from Missguided before but I couldn't believe the quality and quickness of service, next day delivery for only £5 AND 30% off, just because it was my first time ordering, thank you Missguided! I now own my very own portable teddy bear hug which is pretty stylish too :)


This jacket from Missguided is the perfect cover up for winter days
(I got a size bigger so I could wear a thick jumper under it if needs be)


Ok so bit of a rant about that one but it's seriously the best thing I have brought in a long time!

Paired with a great, simple, striped tee from Zara and a pair of very old Hollister jeans (similar can be found here and here, sorry Zara don't sell the tee anymore) I was almost ready to hit the town, and by town I mean drive around aimlessly until something caught my eye...





These jeans are actually perfect to wear with everything with there slight distressed look



Now lets talk about my shoes, sorry another rant is coming your way. On a recent trip to London for work I decided, as situated very close by, that I would have to just quickly pop into Liberty, which needless to say resulted in me buying these snazzy numbers:


The perfect hi-tops which can be worn smart or casual, and my little
Burberry bag which I got for my christening, I think that makes it vintage!


As this blog progresses you will see that I have a bit of a thing for trainers and when I walked into the NIKEXLIBERTY section of the store, it is fair to say that my heart skipped at beat when I first saw these bad boys, they're hard to explain but the surface of them is almost like cracked glass, and I loved the fact that they were matte with the swoosh just painted on top of the surface, very subtle. These are the perfect hi-tops for anyone, like me, who tends to only wear black, white, grey and navy, and is a self confessed casual/tomboy dresser. 


(Just to show I can dress myself)


Anyhow... Kitted out in some of my favourite casuals, I jumped in my car and got to my exploring. I can't wait to share with you some of the great places I have already put on my weekend adventure list, keep tuned to the blog and my insta!


Out exploring on bright, beautiful days is the best


Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment