Top Five Beauty Bits

So I thought that I would share with you my top five face products of the moment.

Current top five beauty bits


Ever since I was a teenager, I have always struggled with bad skin and I have tried all sorts of products, branded, expensive, cheap, and even unusual, to try and sort it and absolutely nothing seems to work. I have even been prescribed items which still didn't work. 

I’m now in my mid twenties and I had pretty much given up on the idea of having clear smooth skin, until the girls at Dermalogica introduced me to their miracle (seriously) products! The best thing about Dermalogica is the fact that they sit you down, have a real thorough look at your skin and then prescribe you an entire routine with samples of all the products you may need. Now don’t get me wrong, the products aren’t cheap but I do find that they really do work and items like special cleansing gel last for months so when you work it out that way they are relatively affordable. Anyway we will get into the details below.

If I urge you to add one thing to your daily routine it's this, such an easy to use product


Unlike most fancy face washes, special cleansing gel works simply. You just put a little in your hand, lather up and cover your face in it. Simple. You don't have to worry about it getting in your eyes as it doesn't irritate at all, and then you just wash off. So if you're anything like me and actually hate spending time pampering with loads of different potions like pre-cleanse, make up remover, eye make up remover and all the other specific things that take half your evening to use - look no further, this gets rid of them all in one.



Finding foundations which match my skin tone is a real chore. I also simply can’t buy cheaper brands as they don’t have the same amount of variety in colour. MAC Face and Body however is a perfect, light weight foundation which is buildable and I wear it everyday. They do a small size (pictured) which is great for travelling and your make up bag or a bigger one which is great value for money, I tend to have both at once for ease of use.

Finally a product which actually does what it says on the bottle!


Never have I found a product which says it gets rid of blemishes overnight and actually does... until now. Dermalogica’s Overnight Clearing Gel does exactly what it says on the bottle, clears your skin overnight, a true miracle and must have product. I would however warn you that you should only really put it on problem areas and not all over your face as it can be quite drying.

Gives skin that silky feeling


This almost clear, creamy consistency moisturiser is a life saver for all skin dry and stressed. I use it on my face in the morning under my make up to help shield my skin from everyday stress. I also use it sometimes on my lips when they are particularly dry and in need of a bit of TLC. It makes the skin feel ultra smooth and almost velvety which you can’t complain about.

A must have, especially when wearing matte lipstick



What makes this lip balm great is the fact that not only does it soothe your lips, it also makes a great base for lipstick. Apply it a couple minutes before putting on your lipstick and you get a flawless finish which lasts a bit longer too. 




My (current) ultimate face care collection

Scarlett Macaron

Making a little piece of the internet for all the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment